General Instructions in Respect of Defence Counsel Services
Judge Advocate General Policy Directive: # 009/00
Original Date: 23 March 00
Subject: General instructions in respect of defence counsel services
Cross Reference: Section 249.2(2) of NDA
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS IN RESPECT OF DEFENCE COUNSEL SERVICES
1. This general instruction is issued to the Director of Defence Counsel Services pursuant to my authority under section 249.2(2) of the National Defence Act
2. In accordance with the requirements of an open, transparent and accountable military justice system, I am instructing you to develop, implement and make publicly available defence policies in the following areas :
- DDCS counsel's relationships with clients, including:
- solicitor/client privilege
- conflict of interest.
- DDCS counsel's relationship with the Canadian Forces chain of command;
- professional conduct; and
- media relations.
3. These policies are to come into effect no later than 31 March 2000.
Jerry S.T. Pitzul
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: