LifeSpeak Marathon – 23 October 2019!
October 21, 2019 — Defence Stories
What does your mental health look like? For some, its finding time and space to quiet the mind and for others it’s moving the body through exercise. Regardless of what you need, the fact is that mental health looks different to each of us. LifeSpeak’s Fall Campaign will provide tips on how we can improve our mental health in 4 key areas; the body, mind, workplace and relationships.
Julie Charron, EAP Champion and ADM(RS) reminds us: “there are times we could all use extra advice, support, information or inspiration. October is Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month and I encourage all Defence Team members to take part in the LifeSpeak’s Mental Health Marathon, an all-day “Ask the Expert” event on 23 October 2019”
This Mental Health Marathon will feature several mental health experts with various areas of mental health expertise. Each session will last ninety minutes and address topics such as mood disorders, anxiety and stress, combating stigma, self-care and self-compassion, difficult emotions, mindfulness and so much more.
The Employee Assistance Program
The Department of National Defence (DND) values the mental health and well-being of employees and military members and it provides access to programs, such as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program (MAP) to provide support during difficult times.
The programs provide a confidential, voluntary and neutral service available Defence Team members and their immediate family members when dealing with personal or professional issues affecting their well-being.
DND Civilian employees have access to:
- Referral Agents (RA)s—DND employees who provide confidential active-listening skills and resources to employees in need and are trained in Applied Suicide Intervention (ASIST). RAs can be contacted during regular working hours.
Defence Team members have access to:
- Health Canada – Employee Assistance Services (EAS)—provides short-term professional counselling services. This service is available 24/7, 365 days a year, by calling 1-800-268-7708 or 1-800-567-5803 (hearing impaired)
- LifeSpeak—a web-based service that offers free confidential access to hundreds of short videos by experts on everyday issues. To access LifeSpeak:
- Visit canada.lifespeak.com or download the app.
- Select Canadian Armed Forces or Department of National Defence (Civilain) and input corporate ID: canada.
- Mental Health Resources:
Be the first to know!
Contact the EAP Corporate Office to be added to the EAP distribution list for health related newsletters, special events and more.
Fall Campaign Posters
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: