Celebrating Excellence Awards: Nominate your colleagues!
November 26, 2019 - Defence Stories
As is custom, ary, The Defence Team is once again celebrating the achievements of its members through the Awards and Recognition program. The Celebrating Excellence Awards represents the highest expression of recognition under the departmental policy guidelines.
This important initiative highlights the accomplishments and hard work of the members of our Defence Team and celebrates DND and the CAF’s greatest strength – its people. The time to share and recognize excellence for 2019 achievements within the Defence Team is now! The deadline for nominations is fast approaching on December 20.
Overview of the Celebrating Excellence Awards
- DM Award for Excellence
- Given by the DM to an individual who has displayed excellence in leadership, aligning with departmental objectives and collaborative work.
- DM John Forster Collaboration Award
- Recognizing individuals or teams who exceed expectations in the advancement of Defence or whole-of-government priorities through exceptional collaboration with partners and stakeholders.
- DM/CDS Gen Tom Lawson Team Builder Award
- Recognizing individuals or teams who have made great strides in building the Defence Team by bringing both sides (military and civilian) together to meet Defence priorities.
- DM/CDS Excellence in Defence Award
- Recognizing individuals or teams who make a significant contribution to furthering of departmental priorities through extraordinary innovation, leadership, and/or a sustained contribution to Defence.
- DM/CDS Defence Team Impact Award
- Recognizing individuals or teams who distinguish themselves by making a substantial contribution to the Defence Team in People Management, as an unsung hero, a diversity and inclusion ambassador or a total health and wellness champion.
How to Nominate a Colleague
Read the instructions and guidelines, then complete the nomination form. Nominations must clearly demonstrate how an individual or team performed exceptionally and meets the awards criteria outlined above.
The nomination form must be signed by the L1 and submitted to your L1 Awards and Recognition Coordinator.
Nomination deadline: 20 December 2019
More about the Awards and Recognition Program
- Awards and Recognition: Recognition is a key component in creating workplace well-being and moving the DND/CF towards an employer of choice. The DND/CF firmly believes that its greatest strength is its people, and it is committed to continuously recognizing employees for the excellence of their work. (internal link)
- External Awards: External Awards are offered to both DND civilian employees and CAF members, and are a great way to recognize the significant contribution that DND employees and CAF members make to the Public Service and/or Canadian society. Nominate your colleagues for the 2019 awards throughout the winter months. (internal link)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: