LifeSpeak - Your Virtual Library for Total Well-Being
March 2, 2020 - Defence Stories
LifeSpeak is part of the Department of National Defence’s (DND) Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and is available to Defence Team employees and their families, free of charge. This web-based service offers anonymous access to hundreds of short videos. To learn more, check out an animated video that further explains the benefits of the platform!
Whether you’re someone who craves a more balanced life, wants to improve their mental health, or increase or maintain physical fitness, the LifeSpeak platform is available wherever an internet connection can be found!
This month’s featured LifeSpeak video, “Rethinking the Language: Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Accommodation” by Michael Bach, looks at how to create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The LifeSpeak video of the month discusses how to create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
The app gives you expert-led content, along with brand-new features:
- Download videos for offline viewing;
- Stream podcasts; no need to download them;
- Participate in Ask the Expert web chats right from your phone;
- Manage your account from the app;
- Earn points and badges for any activities you engage in watching videos, reading tip sheets, etc.; and
- Join leaderboard (anonymously) to measure your activity against your peers.
How do I access LifeSpeak?
You can access LifeSpeak in several ways:
- Go to the LifeSpeak website: canada.lifespeak.com or
- Download the app (Apple App Store or Google Play)
When logging into the App, for:
- client name input canada
- client password input canada
Clients must then:
- scroll down to accept terms and conditions
- Then select Canadian Armed Forces or Department of National Defence - Civilian and input corporate ID: canada.
- Then click Access through group account
LifeSpeak is only one feature of DND’s EAP!
A number of tools and services are available to Defence Team members:
- Referral Agents (RAs)—DND employees provide confidential active-listening skills and resources to employees in need and can be contacted during regular working hours.
- Health Canada – Employee Assistance Services (EAS)—provides short-term professional counselling services. This service is available 24/7, 365 days a year, by calling 1-800-268-7708 or 1-800-567-5803 (hearing impaired).
Mental Health Resources:
- Employee Assistance Program – Intranet page
- Health Canada Employee Assistance Services (24 Hours)
- Military Mental Health Services – Intranet page
- CMP Health Services – Intranet page
- Road Map to Optimum Mental Health (Guide)
- Mental Health and Well Being – Intranet page
Be the first to know!
Contact the EAP Corporate Office to be added to the EAP distribution list for health related newsletters, special events and more.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: