Working remotely – Guidance and resources for the Defence Team members
June 1, 2020 – Defence Stories
In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic, teleworking is a new experience for many managers and employees, and it requires us to adjust our expectations of how work can be done in a virtual environment.
As a response to these challenging times, we have put together a series of resources to ensure that DND/CAF personnel are supported with the right information, tools, and assistance to effectively continue performing their duties and maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
These resources can be found on HR GO app (visit your device’s app store and download it today) and the Defence Team COVID-19 - Working remotely page and will continue to evolve to best meet your needs.
Information will include:
- Guide for managing and working remotely: Key elements in managing and performing work remotely.
- Guide for ergonomic or support equipment for telework: DND’s approach to equip those who provide critical functions.
- Digital learning: Job aids and guidelines to help managers and employees work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Security Guide for teleworking: Good practices and important security considerations while working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reputable communication and collaborations tools: List of reputable and popular tools to effectively stay connected.
- Useful private sector resources
Please note the information is subject to change as the situation, scenarios and guidelines evolve.
You are encouraged to visit HR GO or the DND/CAF COVID-19 Information page frequently for the latest updates on COVID-19 for the Defence Team.
If you have any questions or feedback on resources you would like to see added, please contact CommunityManagement-Gestiondescollectivites@forces.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: