Civilian Employees: What to do if you have a pay issue
November 17, 2020 - Defence Stories
The holidays can be a difficult time for many financially, especially if you are experiencing a pay issue. We’d like to remind you of what to do if you have a problem with your pay, and the financial support available to you.
If you notice a problem with your pay, speak to your manager and report the issue right away. Next, follow the steps outlined in the Report your Pay Issue section of the Compensation and Benefits site and then submit your request through the Human Resource Services and Support tool.
Financial support is available to you while your problem is being resolved, and employees do not need to demonstrate financial hardship. The criteria are simple:
- Are you missing basic pay as a new hire or returning to work? Ask for an Emergency Salary Advance.
- Are you owed non-basic pay, such as for a promotion, overtime performed, or an acting appointment? Ask for a Priority Payment (provides up to 60 percent of the amount owed.
- Are you owed out-of-pocket expenses caused by Phoenix pay issues? For expenses like tax advisory services, including financial advice up to $200, submit an Out-of-Pocket Claims request.
Financial support will continue to be available throughout the holidays for any employee that needs it.
Recoveries of these amounts will only start when:
- all of your outstanding pay transactions are resolved;
- you’ve received the correct pay for three consecutive pay periods; and
- a recovery agreement is established with you.
Do you have a question about your pay?
Contact HR Connect RH at 1-833-RHR-MDND (1-833-747-6363).
Or the PSPC’s Client Contact Centre at:
- 1-855-686-4729 (in Canada or the United States)
- 1-506-424-4330 (outside Canada and the United States)
Note: Links are only accessible on the DND network.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: