2021 Celebrating Excellence Awards
January 26, 2021 - Defence Stories
The Celebrating Excellence Awards (CEA) categories have been revamped to ensure alignment with Defence priorities and that recognition initiatives contribute to increased engagement, dedication, cohesion, confidence and enthusiasm between military and civilian members, across the country.
Do you know a colleague or team that has made a significant contribution to the Defence Team or who exceeds expectations in the advancement of Defence or whole-of-government priorities? Now is the opportunity to recognize them!
The six categories are:
- DM Award of Distinction
- DM John Forster Collaboration Award
- DM/CDS Regional Achievement Award
- DM/CDS Organizational Culture Award
- DM/CDS Excellence in Defence Award
- Leadership Excellence
- Excellence in Profession
- Career Impact Excellence
- DM/CDS Defence Team Impact Award
- Reconciliation Advancement
- Anti-Racism and Cultural Awareness
- Official Languages
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Digitalization and Modernization
DM Award of Distinction
This award is one of the highest forms of recognition granted by the Deputy Minister and recognizes exceptional contributions to the furtherance of the DND’s horizontal approach to managing its business, its service lines and its support functions.
The nomination must clearly demonstrate how an individual performed exceptionally, meeting the following criteria:
- Made outstanding contributions towards the achievement of the Department's strategic outcomes and priorities (Strong, Secured, Engaged), including exemplary support during extraordinary circumstances;
- Performed in an outstanding manner for a significant period of time (3 years or more).
- Formed strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders to advance Defence or whole-of-government priorities;
- Developed and nurtured effective and collaborative relationships different groups or units to define and solve problems or reach agreements while considering multiple perspectives;
- Acknowledged the contribution of others in achieving objectives;
- Advanced Defence or whole-of-government objectives through influence and negotiation;
- Inspired civilian and/or military members to achieve a common goal.
Do you know a colleague or team who has positively impacted the Department of National Defence? If the answer is yes, nominate them for a Celebrating Excellence Award today! The nomination deadline is February 26, 2021.
To find more information on the CEA program or a nomination form, please visit the CEA page, HR Go RH, contact the Corporate Awards and Recognition Secretariat or your L1 Awards and Recognition Coordinator.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: