Nominate a Defence Team colleague for the Diversity and Inclusion Award
January 27, 2021 - Defence Stories
Did you know that the DM Commendations Program has been re-launched as a complimentary program to the Celebrating Excellence Awards? It’s true!
But as Shakespeare once said: “A rose by any another name would smell as sweet!”
The award categories for the 2020/2021 program have been selected to support emerging priorities for National Defence. Each quarter represents a different theme and award category.
The four awards categories are:
- Youth/Student Award (Q2)
- Wellness Award (Q3)
- Diversity and Inclusion Award (Q4)
- Environment Award (Q1)
This quarter, we are accepting nominations for the Diversity and Inclusion Award.
Find out below if your nominee meets the criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion Award
This award recognizes individuals who advance diversity and inclusion outside the responsibilities of their normal duties.
- Leads initiatives or events that increase the awareness, understanding or promotion of diversity within the Defence Team;
- Fosters diversity in the workplace by implementing programs that maximize the potential of all individuals;
- Creates partnerships to resolve diversity workplace issues; and/or
- Improves cultural competency through educational initiatives.
Do you know a colleague or a team (maximum 10 individuals) who have positively impacted the Department of National Defence? If the answer is yes, nominate them for an award today!
The nomination deadline for this quarter is March 26, 2021.
For additional resources regarding the DM Commendations Program or to find a nomination form, please visit the DM Commendations page (accessible only on the National Defence network) or HR Go RH.
To submit a nomination or ask a questions you can e-mail the Corporate Awards and Recognition Secretariat at Awards-Recompenses@forces.gc.ca.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: