Commander Royal Canadian Navy invites you to design new coin
Update - August 12
Thank you to everyone for all of your time, effort, hard work, and creative submissions! We were all blown away by the quality and the amount of entries we received. The contest is now closed. The chosen design will be announced in the coming week! Stay Tuned.
July 14, 2022 - Royal Canadian Navy
A challenge coin from a previous Commander of the Royal Canadian Navy.
I would like to take a moment of your time to invite digitally creative Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) sailors, veterans and their family members to submit ideas for my new challenge coin.
There are many of you out there who are talented digital artists, and have already designed items such as morale patches for your units. This contest is the perfect opportunity for you to let your talent shine once more.
For those unaware, military challenge coins are traditionally given by senior leaders as tokens of appreciation or recognition. It has also become tradition in recent years for each CRCN to have a unique coin created specific to their tenure.
Please think outside the box! The design doesn’t need to be a classic round coin. Creativity, ingenuity and a design that represents who we are as a Naval community – that’s what I am hoping to see in your submissions.
- Submissions must be rasterized electronic files in either .pdf or .jpg file formats, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (the winning design will require an unlocked and editable vector file).
- Scanned, hand-drawn submissions will not be accepted.
- Be imaginative! Previous coins can be used as inspiration, but designs of any shape are welcome.
- Designs must be high quality, capable of being reproduced on a coin or embossed on stationary and other uses.
- The design itself cannot be copyrighted, nor should it incorporate any imagery copyrighted by third parties. Official RCN imagery, such as the RCN crest and Ensign can be used.
- Designs must include clear reference or association to the RCN, and specifically the position of CRCN. Designs should not be personalized with my name.
- RCN members and veterans: Include your full name, rank, unit and contact information.
- Family members: Include your name and contact information, plus the name, rank and unit of your RCN family member or veteran.
Please send your submissions to Kraken38coin@gmail.com no later than August 11, 2022. The winner will be selected at Admiral’s Council, being held on August 16 and 17. [The contest is now closed]
So please roll up your sleeves and get creative! I am looking very forward to seeing your ideas.
Vice-Admiral Angus Topshee
Commander Royal Canadian Navy
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: