Introduction to Defence ethics course
This online course provides an introduction to the complexities of Defence Ethics and its application. It explains the meaning of ethics in government and Defence and what that implies for the Department of National Defence (DND) employees and Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members. All members of the Defence Team are highly encouraged to take this course. A pass or fail multiple choice test is provided as a condition of completion.
- The Statement of defence ethics and its ethical principles and obligations
- How the Statement of defence ethics relates to the Military Ethos and the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector
- Defence Ethics Programme
- Conflict of interest policy and disclosure of wrongdoing
- Ethical dilemmas
- The ethical decision-making model
- Guided ethical case studies.
Access the course via the Defence Learning Network
Enter your username and password on the Defence Learning Network (DLN) homepage (Accessible only on the National Defence network.), then use the Category Search tool to enter the key words ‘Defence Ethics’
Select "Introduction to Defence Ethics" (300063), register and begin learning.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: