Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Directive on Authorized Process When Requesting Rifles, Air Rifles, Drill Training Purpose Rifles, Rifle Replacement Parts, or Returning Rifles to CAF Supply Depots
- This Directive is effective immediately. The intent of this document is to provide guidance to RCSUs and their units concerning the authorized process to be used when requesting any CCO rifles including air rifles and drill training purpose rifles, rifle replacement parts or returning rifles to CAF supply depots before initiating submissions through Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS).
- In order to streamline the current rifle ordering process, the following steps are now required prior to initiating a DRMIS requisition:
- RCSUs will identify one single point of contact to be in charge of this process and will forward his/her name to all their units (Corps, Sqns, Dets, CTCs, etc.) and to Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3. CCO units shall submit all rifle demands through their RCSU OPI for approval. Only after RCSU approval is received that CCO units will enter or forward their requests to local support Bases/Wings for requisitioning through DRMIS. As there is no DRMIS requisition to be done when ordering rifle parts, all these requests will be forwarded to the RCSU OPI first for onward staffing to Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3 for approbation;
- RCSU OPI will validate all requests and make adjustments as required;
- RCSU OPI will then forward requests to Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3. Once approved, Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3 will advise the RCSU OPI to submit the DRMIS demand via proper channel ensuring that the Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3 approval is entered on all DRMIS requisitions.
- Once the demand have been inserted in DRMIS, the DRMIS "Demand Requisition Number" need to be forward back from the requesting CCO unit to Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3 via the RCSU OPI for onward staffing to DSSPM 4-5-4. It is important that this step be followed as no DRIMS rifle demands will be actioned by DSSPM 4-5-4 unless validated by D Cdts & JCR 2-4-2 first. Same principle applies when requesting rifle parts as the Connaught Range will not provide any rifle parts unless the request was properly channeled via the RCSU OPI to D Cdts & JCR 2-4-2 for approval.
- Any questions or concerns with subject process can be addressed to Natl CJCR Sp Gp 2-4-3 at (613) 992-3383.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: