Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Cadet Program Feedback and Comments
The Canadian Cadet Organizations (CCO) values feedback from all stakeholders, especially cadets. Various opportunities, venues and forums for soliciting program feedback continue to be explored by the CCO including: online discussions, town halls, small group visits, informal and formal gatherings at summer training centres, corps and squadron visits, etc. in addition to engagement through local and regional chains of command.
- In view of recent social media activity and cadets providing feedback through means other than those traditionally used, the following recommended avenues for communicating with the CCO will ensure that feedback, questions or concerns are received and can be addressed effectively:
- Provide feedback, questions or concerns to the adult staff at local Cadet Corps or Squadrons. These matters can be communicated in person, via e-mail or via telephone to an adult member of the Corps or Squadron staff. It may take time to receive a response to messages or e-mails as cadet instructors work part-time at their unit but this is the best place to initiate discussion;
- In the event that a matter has not been resolved or validated at the local level, it may be raised to the applicable Regional Cadet Support Unit (RCSU). Contact information for each RCSU (by province) can be found on the Cadets.ca “Contact us” page at http://www.cadets.ca/en/contact-us.page ; and
- If a satisfactory response has not been provided by the local or regional levels, or if the matter warrants the attention of national staff, the Director Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers can be contacted via the Cadets.ca “Questions or feedback” page at http://www.cadets.ca/en/feedback.page.
- Social media can be very effective in reaching those who can influence and make changes and facilitate a response or an opportunity for further discussion and the CCO has a growing presence on social media that can also be used to provide feedback or address questions or concerns. A list of CCO social media channels is available on the Cadets.ca “Stay connected” page at www.cadets.ca/en/stay-connected.page.
- Cadets, parents, and community stakeholders are encouraged to provide feedback in any venue they choose appropriate. However, communicating directly with the CCO will ensure these matters are brought to the attention of those who can provide responses and acknowledge comments as well as influence or make changes to the program.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: