Cadet Program Interim Activity Safety Direction
- Safety remains a critical requirement to the Natl CJCR Sp Gp’s core mandate. As the organization evolves, risks need to be reviewed and policy and guidance updated to effectively deliver a fun, challenging and safe program for today’s youth. As an interim step toward enhancing program safety via a Safe Systems of Training (SST) approach, we are publishing the Cadet Program Interim Activity Safety Direction (IASD) which will provide improved safety direction in the delivery of the Cadet Program.
- The IASD replaces A-CR-CCP-951/PT-002 Adventure Training Safety Standards, A-CR-CCP-030/PT-001 Water Safety Orders and CATO 14-10 SCUBA Diving, effective immediately.
- Cadet Program Interim Activity Safety Direction. The IASD is comprised of two parts:
- General Safety. Outlines the safety measures and rules that apply when executing any component of the Cadet Program. Each topic covers a general subject matter that applies to the execution of the program and is to be used concurrently during activities specifically listed in the Activity Specific instructions.
- Activity Specific. Outlines specific instructions for given activities. Activity Specific instructions need to be used concurrently with General Safety to conduct activities safely and IAW policy.
- This publication contains safety standards for the conduct of training activities. Based on a risk assessment, some training activities may require additional actions be taken locally to mitigate risk. Local standing orders/regulations may require additional restrictions be imposed; however, they may only amplify and further restrict and shall not contradict the rules and procedures contained in this policy.
- Commanding Officers/Officers in Charge are responsible for integrating safety throughout all cadet activities; failure to do so would be a violation of the trust between superior and subordinate. Risk must be managed in the context of fun and challenging training against the approved end state, while maintaining low risk to the general public, civilians, property and personnel. The Cadet Program Interim Activity Safety Direction can be accessed in the Cadet365 SharePoint site. (user identification and password required)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: