ADDITIONAL LOCAL SUPPORT ALLOCATION (LSA) - TEMPORARY RELIEF
- As part of the ongoing effort to mitigate the impact of COVID 19 on the organization, the Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp has directed that additional LSA claims can be processed for FY 2019-20 to provide additional and immediate support to all corps and squadrons.
- This allows corps and squadron COs to submit additional LSA claims to offset FY 19-20 expenses (from 1 Apr 2019 to 31 Mar 2020) that has not already been claimed (e.g., facility rental charges for March 2020). The provision of this additional LSA will provide immediate and temporary financial relief to corps and squadrons sponsoring committees who are experiencing financial hardship.
- The following LSA distribution model intends to be equitable across the organization while also privileging those corps and squadrons not housed in CAF facilities. RCSUs COs are authorized to re-allocate any unused LSA to other corps and squadrons that have eligible expenses from FY 19-20 in excess of this distribution model but not to exceed the total available amount provided to each RCSU.
- $1,500 per corps and squadron not housed in CAF facilities; and
- $500 per corps and squadron housed in CAF facilities.
- To fully leverage this opportunity, it will be essential that the corps and squadron COs continue to work with their Local Sponsoring Committees to ensure the required paperwork is submitted and processed IAW CATO 17-34. To ensure that this additional LSA is properly accounted for, all LSA claims are to be submitted to the RCSUs ASAP but NLT 30 Jun 2020. Fmn J8 will provide additional instructions to RCSU J8s under SEPCOR related to tracking and reporting requirements for this additional LSA.
- Notwithstanding this additional LSA, it is essential to reinforce that the following expenditures ARE NOT eligible to be claimed:
- contributions to provincial or national leagues, or any other fees based on the number of cadets in a cadet corps/squadron, and
- gifts and testimonials.
- This additional LSA for FY 19-20 (1 Apr 19 to 31 Mar 20) is a clear indication of the Natl CJCR Sp Gp’s commitment to the temporary and immediate mitigation of the impact of COVID 19 has on our corps and squadrons. We will continue to monitor the situation and consider options for providing additional support during FY 20-21 (1 Apr 20 to 31 Mar 21).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: