CCO Air Rifle Fleet
1. Last year, Daisy Outdoor Products (Daisy) announced that it would cease production of the stocks and the sights currently used on the Daisy 853C. This CANCDTGEN provides information on the transition plan concerning the Canadian Cadet Organizations (CCO) Air Rifle Fleet.
2. The CCO has tested the new stock and sight proposed by Daisy to ensure compatibility with the current fleet and we are satisfied with the results. The transition to the new 753 model will be completed through attrition.
3. While the CCO is transitioning the Air Rifle Fleet, a series of actions and policies are being put in place with the following objectives in mind:
a. ensure the Marksmanship and Biathlon Competitive Series remains fair for all competitors;
b. respect the procurement and production capacity;
c. reduce impacts on training; and d. ensure safety and availability of the rifles.
4. Until further notice, the Marksmanship Championship Series and the Biathlon Championship Series will be competed using the 853C in its current iteration (i.e. using the wooden stock and the plastic sight).
5. The responsibility to procure rifles and parts rests with the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group HQ and ADM(Mat). To avoid any legal concerns with donated rifles, air rifle procurement with non-public funds will not be accepted on CAF distribution accounts (DAs).
6. Questions on the transition of the Air Rifle Fleet can be directed to Natl CJCR Sp Gp J4 at (613) 996-6112.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: