Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
CCONet Computer Mandatory Update
- CJCR Information Technology Service Management Centre (IT SMC) has released a new configuration for CCONet computers that requires them to be updated. This is a mandatory update that must applied to all CCONet computers, in order to maintain its reliability and the integrity of the assets and the network.
- All users currently in possession of a CCONet computer must complete the update before 30 April 2021. An email including the complete procedure to proceed has been sent to all corps/squadron generic mailboxes. A detailed procedure is available on Canada.ca at the following link. On 1 May 2021, the update will be automatically triggered when connecting to the CCONet. This update will take a long time to be downloaded and installed. It is acknowledged that certain computers are currently out of reach due to the COVID-19 pandemic and that these assets will not be updated until they are recovered and connected to the CCONet.
- Note that all CCONet computers must be connected to the network at least once per month (for a least 12 consecutive hours) in order to obtain all the required updates.
- Corps/squadrons are reminded that computers that are not used/required can be returned to the IT SMC. Corps/squadrons will maintain their entitlement for these assets and can have them returned if the situation change or needs arise.
- For information and support about the mandatory update or the return of assets, please contact the CJCR IT SMC Service Desk at 1-855-252-8082 or by email at IT@Cadets.gc.ca
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: