Canadian Cadet General Order (CANCDTGEN)
Mandatory General Safety Program Training
- VCDS Directive – General Safety Training dated 15 Mar 22 (link accessible only on the DWAN)
- Canada Labour Code (CLC), Part II
- Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- DAOD 1000-8, Policy Framework for Safety and Security Management
- DAOD 2007-0, Safety
- General Safety Policy and Program Volume 1 (link accessible only on the DWAN)
- At reference A, the VCDS has directed that members of the Defence Team, including Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service (COATS) members, are to complete the following General Safety Program (GSP) training courses, no later than 30 June 2022:
- General Safety Individual Course (GSIC);
- WHMIS 2015 Orientation Course; and
- General Safety Supervisor Course (GSSC).
- All three GSP courses are available on the Defence Learning Network (DLN) 2.0. The current DLN 2.0 will be decommissioned on 30 June 22 and replaced with DLN 3.0. At present, WHMIS 2015 Orientation Course is available on DLN 3.0, however GSIC and GSSC are not currently available on DLN 3.0.
- Training history recorded in DLN 2.0 will not be carried over to DLN 3.0. Therefore, although courses completed through the DLN will normally be added to a member’s MPRR automatically upon completion, all members are to save a copy of their course certificates in case there is an error with the automatic recording in Guardian and for inclusion on their personnel files.
- Upon completion of the required courses, members will be authorized the following compensation:
|Course Title||Approximate Time to complete (hrs)||Members||Days Paid|
|GSIC||2.5||All Class “A” COATS members||0.5|
|WHMIS 2015 Orientation Course||1|
|GSSC||5||COs of corps/squadrons, Regional Training Establishments (RTE), and Area Elemental Advisors||0.5|
- Members who are currently on a leave of absence, will be required to complete the applicable courses within 30 days of their return to active status. Additionally, upon assuming the position of CO of a corps, squadron, or RTE, members will have 30 days to complete the additional GSSC.
- Members are to submit their course completion certificates to their respective RCSU/CJCR HQ OR for inclusion on their personnel file as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after course completion. Additionally, for compensation purposes, members are to identify appropriate dates that do not conflict with other periods of Class “A” reserve service. Upon receipt of the course completion certificates and requested compensation dates, RCSU/CJCR HQ ORs will process appropriate compensation for members.
- Questions concerning the mandatory GSP training may be directed to DND.CJRCOATSTrgForceGen-CJREntrSAIOCGendesForces.MDN@cadets.gc.ca
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: