5019-6 Annex A - Cadet Code of Conduct

Cadet Code of Conduct

Rank

Last Name

First Name

Cadet Information Number

Home Corps / Squadron

1. The Cadet Code of Conduct applies to all cadets in the Sea, Army and Air Cadet Program.
  2. The Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers Group (CJCR Gp) is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, dignity, and inclusion, where Cadets and adult leaders feel welcomed and have opportunities to contribute and achieve their full potential. To achieve this culture, we must be vigilant and ensure that cadet activities are free from all forms of discrimination, abuse, inappropriate conduct, and damaging behaviour. Your personal conduct while participating in the Cadet Program and during all related communications and activities must support and reinforce this culture.
  3. As you progress through the program you will learn regulations, policies, directives, orders, and instructions that provide direction and guidance regarding expected behaviours and unwanted, harmful behaviours. These are founded in Canadian and CJCR Gp ethics and values, with respecting the dignity of all persons as the primary required behaviour. As a cadet, you must act in ways that match these expected behaviours and those highlighted in this Code of Conduct.
  4. The Cadet Code of Conduct has been developed to provide an opportunity for you to:
    1. review and discuss key behaviours expected of you as a cadet;
    2. confirm your understanding of your responsibility to continue to learn and follow laws of Canada and CJCR Gp directives;
    3. confirm that you agree to behave in ways that align with the values of the CJCR Gp and as demonstrated in the Cadet Code of Conduct; and
    4. discuss possible outcomes that result from adhering to or not adhering to the Cadet Code of Conduct.
  5. While participating in the Cadet Program and during all related communications and activities, I will:
    1. set a positive example through my conduct with others, in-person and online. Be mindful of the impacts of my behaviour on others.
    2. be honest and treat others fairly, respecting physical boundaries, personal property and privacy.
    3. comply with all laws, regulations, policies, directives, orders, and instructions.
    4. communicate respectfully. Express myself in a non-aggressive manner and listen in ways that show respect for others.
    5. act in a safe manner, looking out for my safety and that of others.
    6. request the assistance of a senior cadet or adult staff member when I need help.
    7. report wrongdoing to an adult staff member as soon as possible. This includes, but is not limited to, unwanted and harmful behaviour such as harassment and abuse of a physical or sexual nature.
    8. be respectful of the environment and my surroundings.
    9. behave in a way that is consistent with this Code of Conduct while using electronic communications, including my use of social media, email, instant messaging, online chatting, websites, and texting, when communicating about cadet activities or members of the Cadet Program, even on my personal time.
    10. take care of clothing, materials and equipment loaned to me and ensure that I am wearing my uniform as outlined in the Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Dress Instructions.
  6. Taking part in behaviours outlined below is not permitted and will initiate an investigation that may result in a suspension during and after a full review. While participating in the Cadet Program and during all related communications and activities I will not:
    1. intentionally act in ways or make verbal or written comments that are critical or disrespectful of any person’s race, national or ethnic origin, skin colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic characteristics, or physical characteristics.
    2. engage in conduct of a sexual nature that causes or could cause harm to others, including physical contact, jokes, remarks or advances of a sexual nature, harassment of a sexual nature, and viewing, accessing distributing or displaying sexually explicit material.
    3. engage in romantic, sexual, or intimate conversations or personal relationships while participating in cadet activities. This behaviour is considered inappropriate in this setting and should not take place while at cadet activities or during any training or cadet related event.
    4. touch any other cadet or their belongings without their permission, except, when necessary, in an emergency.
    5. attempt to harass, bully, shame, or socially isolate others.
    6. take, distribute, or share pictures of others without consent.
    7. act in a way that is considered to be hateful. This includes, but is not limited to, using words, symbols or images that could cause or encourage, justify or promote violence or hatred against others.
    8. use or consume, tobacco, e-cigarettes, cannabis, alcohol, or illegal or non-prescription drugs, with the exception of over-the-counter drugs provided by your parent/guardian (i.e. Tylenol, Advil etc.).
    9. possess, purchase, or sell tobacco, e-cigarettes, cannabis, alcohol, or illegal or non-prescription drugs.
    10. share prescription medication with any other person.
    11. have any knife, gun, weapon, or ammunition in my possession unless authorized for use during a cadet activity.

Acknowledgement

1. I acknowledge by my signature below that I have read and understand this Code of Conduct, have asked questions for clarification as required, and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.

Date

Cadet Signature (Print Name and Sign)

I have reviewed this code of conduct with the cadet and clarified their understanding of its content.

Date

Staff Member (Print Name and Sign)

Date

Parent/Guardian (Print Name and Sign) - Corps/Squadron only

Page details

Date modified: