5530-4 Annex A - Application to Volunteer with the Navy League Cadet Program
Application to Volunteer with the Navy League Cadet Program
Cadet's First Name:
Cadet's Phone Number:
Emergency Contact Name:
By signing this form the cadet and their parent/guardian acknowledge that:
- Participation in any Navy League Cadet Program event is entirely voluntary, and is not required for continued membership or advancement in the Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR) Programs. Cadets are not required to wear their uniform when participating in external voluntary activities.
- The Navy League Cadet Program is owned and operated by the Navy League of Canada, an independent organization that is external to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
- Cadets are not considered to be on Cadet Duty as defined in QR (Cadets) art. 1.02, Definitions, when volunteering with the Navy League Cadet Program while wearing, or not wearing, their cadet uniform. As such, cadets are not entitled to CAF provided medical or dental benefits as outlined in QR (Cadets) arts. 6.12, Entitlement to Medical Cadet – Cadets, and 6.21, Entitlement to Dental Treatment – Cadets, should injury or other damages occur while voluntarily participating in Navy League Cadet Program activities.
- The CAF is not liable for any injury or other damages arising from the voluntary involvement of cadets in Navy League Cadet Program activities. The Navy League of Canada has undertaken to the CAF that they will provide insurance to cover cadets volunteering with their organization. Any questions concerning the insurance coverage should be directed to the Navy League Cadet Program.
- Any costs arising out of, or associated with, the voluntary assistance of a cadet to the Navy League Cadet Program will not be covered by the CAF.
- The parent or guardian is responsible for ensuring their child is properly supervised during the Navy League Cadet Program activities and should discuss supervision with the program staff. The CAF is not responsible for the direct supervision of cadets while they volunteer with the Navy League Cadet Program, nor do they regulate involvement in such activities. The CAF cannot guarantee that all Navy League Cadet Program staff and volunteers have undergone vulnerable sector screening or that a minimum number of supervising staff to youth ratios are maintained. The Navy League of Canada does have a policy in place to conduct vulnerable sector screening on all adult volunteers that have direct contact with Navy League Cadet. Parents should inquire with the Navy League Cadet Program if they wish to obtain further information regarding the screening and supervision standards in place for program staff and volunteers.
By signing below, the cadet and their parent/guardian acknowledge that they have read and understood CJCR Gp Order 5530-4, Cadets Volunteering with Navy League Cadets.
It is requested that ______________________________________________________ be permitted to wear their cadet uniform while voluntarily participating in the Navy League Cadet Program activities at:
____________________________________________________________________ Navy League Cadet Corps.
The Parent/Guardian and cadet confirm that they have read and understood the conditions of voluntarily participating in Navy League Cadet Program activities as outlined above.
The Parent/Guardian acknowledges that there may be risks to person or property when participating in Navy League Cadet Program activities and assumes any risk on behalf of the cadet. The parent/guardian further acknowledges and accepts that they are responsible for raising any concerns and/or addressing those risks with the Navy League Cadet Program directly as outlined above.
To be completed by the corps/squadron Commanding Officer:
I confirm that the cadet is in good standing at the corps/squadron. I support their request to volunteer with the __________________________________________ Navy League Cadet Corps on ________________________________ date(s).
I authorize / do not authorize the above named cadet to wear their cadet uniform while volunteering with the Navy League Cadet Corps.
I confirm that I have read and understood CJCR Gp Order 5530-4, Cadets Volunteering with Navy League Cadets, and confirm that the cadet participation in the Navy League Cadet Program activities while in uniform complies with applicable CJCR policies or directives.
Name of Commanding Officer:
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: