8060-7 Annex E - Scoring Factors – File Review
Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers Group Order (CJCR Gp O)
Scoring Factors – File Review
|Attendance Mandatory Local Activities||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|90% - 100%||20||20||20|
|80% - 89%||17||17||17|
|70% - 79%||14||14||14|
|60% - 69%||10||10||10|
|50% - 59%||5||5||5|
|Total Number of Years in Cadet Program||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|Cadet Fitness Assessment||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|CTC Staff Cadet||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|Squadron CO Priority Ranking||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|RCSU Priority Ranking||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
|Air Ops Priority Ranking||IACE||GPTC||PPTC|
1. All points will be allocated based on a cadet’s Fortress record as of 31 December of the current training year.
2. No manual adjustment of points is authorized.
Explanation of Scoring Factors:
1. Scoring factor 1 (Attendance Mandatory Training Activities) will be calculated based on the cadet’s Fortress attendance record, from 1 September – 15 December of current training year and 1 September – 30 June of the previous training year.
2. Scoring factor 2 (Rank) will be calculated using the cadet’s current rank as of 31 December of the current training year.
3. Scoring factor 3 (Regionally Directed Activity (RDA) Participation) will be calculated based on the cadet’s confirmed attendance at qualifying RDAs from 1 September – 15 December of the current training year and 1 September – 30 June of the previous training year. Each activity will count as one occurrence, up to a maximum of 5 occurrences for RDA.
4. Scoring factor 4 (Nationally Directed Activities (NDA) Participation) will be calculated based on the cadet’s confirmed attendance at NDAs from 1 September – 15 December of the current training year and 1 September – 30 June of the previous training year. Each activity will count as one occurrence, up to a maximum of 3 occurrences for an NDA.
5. Scoring factor 5 (Cadet Training Centre (CTC) Qualifications) will be calculated based on the cadet’s completion of summer training courses up to a maximum of 10 points. A 2-week course will count for one occurrence (2 points), a 3-week course as two occurrences (4 points) and a 6-week course as three occurrences (6 points). For example, a cadet who has completed one 2-week, one 3-week course and one 6-week course would have 6 occurrences, which would allocate them a maximum of 10 points. Summer training courses conducted as part of the virtual CTCs, will be allocated the same points as the in person equivalent.
6. Scoring factor 6 (Total Number of Years in Cadet Program) will be calculated based on the total number of membership days the cadet has been active, regardless of unit or element. Days will not be counted if the cadet is on authorized leave of absence. For example, a cadet who has been enrolled from Sep 2016 to Dec 2019 would have 836 days, 2.29 years, so would be allocated 6 points. If the cadet took an authorized leave of absence for 5 months in 2017, the cadet would only have 700 days, 1.9 years, so would be allocated 3 points.
7. Scoring factor 7 (Age) will be calculated using the cadet’s age, as of 31 December of the current training year.
8. Scoring factor 8 (Cadet Fitness Assessment) will be calculated based on the most recent Cadet Fitness Assessment result, however, the latest the result may have occurred, to be considered, is 1 September of the previous training year.
9. Scoring factor 9 (CTC Staff Cadet) will be calculated based on the highest rank the cadet held as a staff cadet.
10. Scoring factor 10 (Squadron CO Priority Ranking) will be calculated based on the squadron CO’s priority ranking in Fortress. Squadron COs will prioritize all PPTC and GPTC applications in Fortress based on the max number of applications they are allocated. Squadron applications, for PPTC and GPTC are to be ranked #1 or #2, as required. Even if the squadron only has one cadet application for each activity, they are to be marked as CO priority #1 in order to allocate them the points. If cadets are not prioritized, points will not be allocated. For IACE, as squadrons are only allowed to submit 1 application, there is no requirement to assign a priority ranking.
11. Scoring factor 11
- RCSU CO Priority Ranking will be calculated based on the RCSU CO priority ranking in Fortress. RCSUs will have the ability, should they choose, to assign the RCSU CO priority ranking to cadets in their region that have applied for IACE based on geographic need, previous squadron allocations, needs assessment, area office recommendation, or squadron CO recommendation etc. Each RCSU may choose to prioritize 2 cadets or 20% of regional/provincial billet allocations.
- Air Ops Priority Ranking will be calculated based on the RCSU CO priority ranking in Fortress. Regional Air Ops will have the ability, should they choose, to assign the priority ranking to cadets in their region that have applied for PPTC or GPTC based on factors such as geographic need, previous squadron allocations, force generation needs assessment, and/or Flying Training Site recommendation. There is no limit on the number of cadets that may be assigned the Air Ops priority ranking.
12. Scoring factor 12 (Education) will be calculated based on three separate factors gathered from the cadets’ most recent complete report card (no greater than Grade 11/Sec 5) or if they are homeschooled from documents submitted to the RCSU that provide information related to the three factors. RCSUs have the flexibility to not assess a factor if that information is not provided on the report cards for cadets in their region. Should they choose not to assess a factor, such as average, then no cadets from their region, will be assessed on that factor. An asymmetric approach to assessment of the education scoring factor will be allowed. Factors are as follows:
- Curriculum points will be calculated based upon the courses the cadet has completed. Cadets will be allocated 2 points for every Math or Science course and 1 point for every English (language arts), Health and Physical Education, or Business Studies course;
- Average points will be calculated based on the overall average, tabulated from the cadets’ school report card; and
- Grade points will be assigned based on the current grade that the cadet is enrolled in.
- Date modified: