8060-7 Air Cadet National Training Selection Process
Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers Group Order (CJCR Gp O)
On this page
Date of Issue: 2020-11-18
Date of Verification: 2022-02-08
Application: This is an order that applies to members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and a directive that applies to Civilian Instructors and employees of the Department of National Defence (DND) employed within the Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR).
Supersession: CJCR Gp Instruction 7003-1-13, Air Cadet National Summer Training Course Selection Process
Approval Authority: This order is issued under the authority of the Comd CJCR.
Office of Primary Interest (OPI): DCOS Ops.
Enquiries: CJCR HQ J5
|Abbreviation||Complete Word or Phrase|
|ACNTSP||Air Cadet National Training Selection Process|
|CAF||Canadian Armed Forces|
|CJCR||Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers|
|GPTC||Glider Pilot Training Course|
|IACE||International Air Cadet Exchange|
|OGS||Online Ground School|
|PPTC||Power Pilot Training Course|
3.1 The ACNTSP has been standardized across the Cadet Program to be impartial and transparent, and to ensure the highest merited cadets are selected for each opportunity. The ACNTSP will be used for PPTC and GPTC training and the IACE activity.
4. Selection Criteria
4.1 All cadets must meet the following general selection criteria:
- available for the full duration of the activity;
- have written parental/guardian consent (only required for cadets who have not yet reached their 18th birthday at the time of application);
- medically and dentally fit and have no medical restrictions that would preclude them from participating in the activity; and
- recommended by their squadron CO.
4.2 Course specific eligibility requirements are at Annex A.
5. Application Process
5.1 The application process is at Annex B.
6. Selection Process
6.1 Depending on each specific activity, the selection process will be comprised of either two or three assessment factors which will be administered in the following order:
- qualifying exam;
- file review; and
- merit interview.
6.2 The detailed process is at Annex C, the related timelines are at Annex D and the scoring factors, their associated point distribution and explanation on how they are calculated are at Annex E.
Frequency of Publication
7.1 Annual or more frequent review and updates, as required.
Errors/Omissions or Suggestions
7.2 Users of CJCR Gp Orders are encouraged to identify any errors, omissions or suggested orders to the attention of CJCR HQ J1 Policy.
- Standard 424, Medical Requirements, Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- CJCR Group Order 8002-0, Cadet Program Structure
- CATO 14-18, Cadet Fitness Assessment and Incentive Program
- CATO 16-02, Application of Cadets With Medical Conditions – Summer Training and NDHQ Directed Activities
- CATO 54-26, Glider Pilot Scholarship Program
- CATO 54-27, Power Pilot Scholarship Program
Activity Specific Eligibility Requirements
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: