Contact us about military release and severance pay

Questions about military pay after release, payment of Canadian Forces' Severance Pay (CFSP), T4’s and Relevé 1s, Military Personnel Records Resumés (MPRR) and other pay related issues may be sent to the Release Benefits Administration office via e-mail at:


Please include the following information in the subject line of your e-mail:

  • Component - Reg Force or Res Force
  • Service Number, Surname and Initials
  • Reason (e.g.: Status of Severance, T4, Address Change, etc)

Example:          Reg Force – D11 222 333 Cpl Smith JJ – change of address

Your email should provide as many details as possible, including a daytime telephone number, so that we can respond to your request as soon as possible. 

You can also contact us by mail at:

Release Benefits Administration (RBA)
National Defence Headquarters
101 Colonel By Dr
Ottawa ON  K1A 0K2

Supplementary reserve

For a voluntary release from the Supplementary Reserve, please email a request letter (scanned copy) to letter must include your:

  • service number
  • request to be released
  • mailing address and phone number(s)
  • reason for requesting release (for statistical purposes)
  • signature (must be hand-written) and
  • the date

Please be advised that releases may not be backdated.  Releases may take up to 1 to 3 weeks to completely be approved.  A letter will be forward to the requester once completed.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: