1 Composite Squadron
The official lineage of the 1 Composite Squadron.
- Authorized as 'Conversion Training Squadron' 29 November 1940.Footnote 1
- Redesignated 'No.1 Refresher Squadron' 15 March 1943.Footnote 2
- Disbanded 29 October 1943.Footnote 3
- Reformed as '1 Composite Squadron' from '1 Composite Detachment' (authorized 15 July 1943) 1 April 1945.Footnote 4
- Disbanded 7 July 1945.Footnote 5
No lineal connection with ‘1 Squadron’ of 1918-20, 1925-27, or 1937-41. See 401 Squadron.
The Second World War
The original squadron trained staff pilots for bombing and gunnery schools, and then provided refresher training to student pilots.Footnote 6 1 Composite Detachment/Squadron served on target towing, communications and air-sea rescue duties under 'Eastern Air Command'.Footnote 7
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: