450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron
The official lineage of the 450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron.
Argent in front of a Viking axe and sword in saltire Gules a Viking helmet Or.
Since the Vikings are considered to be among the first people to venture forth into unknown and uncharted areas, the Viking motif bears suitable reference to the fact that the squadron was the first Canadian heavy transport helicopter squadron formed to venture into the comparatively new role of logistic air support using helicopters.
BY AIR TO BATTLE
- Authorized as '450 Heavy Transport Helicopter Squadron' 29 March 1968, Footnote 1 from '1 Army Helicopter Transport Platoon, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps' (authorized 10 December 1963) Footnote 2
- Redesignated '450 Transport Helicopter Squadron' 20 May 1970. Footnote 3
- Designated in French as “450e Escadron d’hélicoptères de transport” 27 June 1978. Footnote 4
- Redesignated '450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron' 15 June 1993 Footnote 5
- Disbanded 1 January 1998. Footnote 6
- Reformed as ‘450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron’ 15 November 2011. Footnote7
Last Reviewed on: 15 December 2020
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: