COVID-19: Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions launches the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund to support local economies
“No matter how wide we extend the safety net, businesses across Canada continue to slip through the cracks. Many entrepreneurs are still anxious about whether they will get the help they need. With nearly a billion dollars in support, the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund will fill in some of the gaps. Our message to Canadians is clear: we are here for you now; we will be here for you in the weeks and months to come; and we will get through this together. We’ve got your back.”
- The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Member of Parliament for Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for CED
“SMEs provide good jobs for millions of workers across Quebec, and we need to ensure that entrepreneurs have the resources they need to continue operating once this health crisis is behind us. CED employees are working tirelessly to ensure that the RRRF is implemented as quickly as possible for the good of all of our communities.”
- Elisabeth Brière, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages (Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions)
“On behalf of Quebec’s 67 CFDCs and BDCs, I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to the Government of Canada and, in particular, to the Honourable Mélanie Joly for implementing this initiative, which will be vital for businesses in our rural communities. Our exceptional collaboration with Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, together with the hard work done by the CFDCs and BDCs on the ground, have allowed us to understand the situation facing businesses in our communities and target relevant forms of assistance to help stabilize the regional economic dynamic.”
- Daniel Dumas, President, Réseau des SADC et CAE
The six RDAs ensure that Canada’s regions are heard in Ottawa, and that local economies and businesses get the support they need to grow and prosper.
Canada’s RDAs focus on developing and diversifying regional economies to help communities thrive. A major presence in communities, they know where additional support is needed most.
Businesses and organizations that have applied but not qualified for existing federal COVID-19 relief programs are encouraged to review the RRRF eligibility requirements or to contact their local RDA for more information.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces additional support for small businesses
- Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID 19
- Prime Minister announces more support for workers and businesses through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
Office of the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: