Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Think you might have symptoms?
COVID-19 in Canada
April 1, 2020, 6:45 p.m. EDT
Number of people tested
The Canada COVID-19 app is a central resource for accessing personalized, trusted, evidence-based information about the COVID-19 pandemic across Canada. Download it for the most up-to-date information, recommendations, and resources.
Coronavirus disease questions answered
- What is COVID-19?
- What are the risks of getting COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 spread?
- What is the incubation period for COVID-19?
- How many COVID-19 cases are there currently in Canada?
- Where can I find more details about the cases reported in Canada?
- Where can I get COVID-19 information specific to my province or territory?
Symptoms and treatment
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- I think I might have COVID-19. Is there a self-assessment that I can do at home to help me determine if I need further care?
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted when a person is not showing symptoms?
- What is the treatment for COVID-19?
- Are there any natural health products that can treat or prevent COVID-19?
- Is there a vaccine to protect against COVID-19?
Prevention and risks
- What's the difference between self-isolating and isolating?
- How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
- What is physical distancing and how does it help to minimize COVID-19?
- Should the general population in Canada wear masks to protect themselves from COVID-19?
- Is there a risk of contracting COVID-19 if I touch a surface that was potentially contaminated?
- Are Canadians at risk for contracting COVID-19 if they receive a package or products shipped from other countries?
- I am pregnant, am I at a greater risk for more serious outcomes related to COVID-19?
- Can COVID-19 be transmitted through food?
- Can my pet or other animals get sick from this virus?
- I have recently returned from a trip outside of Canada. What do I need to do?
- I am planning to travel. What is the current advice?
- I have to travel. How can I reduce my risk of infection?
- I am a Canadian travelling abroad and I am experiencing symptoms. What should I do?
- Are Canadians currently able to travel to the U.S.?
- What actions are being taken at Canadian borders to stop COVID-19 from entering Canada?
- How is Canada supporting its citizens and businesses as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak?
- I am a traveller trying to return home to Canada. How do I get financial support while abroad?
- How is Canada monitoring the supply of drug and medical devices to ensure that there are no shortages?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: