Notice: New two-year Labour Market Impact Assessment pilot for employers in the meat processing industry
As of December 2, 2019, employers in the meat processing industry can apply to a new pilot under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
The new pilot is called the Two-year Employment Duration for Meat Processors Pilot. It allows employers to hire low-wage temporary foreign workers for up to 2 years on the same Labour Market Impact Assessment.
The pilot is open to employers who are:
- applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment through the Low-wage Stream
- hiring a temporary foreign worker in an industry and occupation that is eligible under the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, and
- supporting a worker’s permanent residence application through:
- the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot, or
- an existing provincial pathway to permanent residence
To apply, employers must complete and submit a new annex (Schedule L) with their application to confirm their eligibility.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: