Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. We do this by promoting a labour force that is highly skilled. We also promote an efficient and inclusive labour market.
Wildfires in British Columbia: Important notice
Service Canada is providing those affected by the wildfires with access to government services, including Employment Insurance.
Consult the notice on Wildfires in British Columbia for more information.
Softwood lumber: Important notice
The Government of Canada is ready to support workers and their families who are affected by the April 24, 2017, U.S. decision to impose duties on Canadian softwood lumber products.
Consult our notice on Softwood lumber for more information.
Services and information
Benefits, Canada EI Commission, Wage Earners Protection Program, and economic regions.
Job opportunities, work permits, Social Insurance Number, criminal record checks and security clearances.
Retirement planning, public and registered pensions, RRSPs, RRIFs, retirement income calculator and more.
Pensions, child benefits, savings plans, education funding, and gas tax refund program.
Maternity and parental leave, Employment Insurance, Canada Child Benefit, and survivor's pension.
University, college, training, student loans and grants, scholarships, apprenticeship, and jobs.
Temporary foreign workers, employer compliance and ineligibility.
GST/HST housing rebate, buying a home, and financial assistance to fix your home.
Support and funding to help stakeholders with their own solutions to various challenges affecting vulnerable populations in Canada.
Payment dates for recurring Government of Canada benefit payments.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- List of acts
- List of regulations
- ESDC's top 10 most accessed regulations explained
- Forward Regulatory Plan 2017 to 2019
- Departmental evaluation plan for 2017 to 2022 fiscal years
- Info Source 2017 to 2018
- EI Monitoring and Assessment Report 2015 to 2016
- Departmental Plan 2017 to 2018
- Engaging Canadians on Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care
- Poverty reduction
- United Nations Convention on Rights for Persons with Disabilities
- Taking action against harassment and sexual violence in federal workplaces
- Union Training and Innovation Program: Investments in Training Equipment Stream
- Union Training and Innovation Program (UTIP) Innovation in Apprenticeship
- Enabling Accessitibity Fund
- Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program
Apply online for your retirement pension
Applying for the Canada Pension Plan retirement pension online is easy, simple and secure.
Help reduce poverty in Canada!
Join the discussion forum, take a survey, or share your story about reducing poverty in Canada.
Share your views
Share your opinions on how to improve the Social Security Tribunal’s appeal processes.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: