Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. We do this by promoting a labour force that is highly skilled. We also promote an efficient and inclusive labour market.
Floodings: Important Notice
Canadian workers who have lost their jobs due to their workplace being affected by flooding are encouraged to apply for Employment Insurance benefits.
Consult our important notice for more information.
Employment and Social Development Canada stands ready to support softwood lumber workers who may be affected.
Please visit your local Service Canada office or call 1 800 206-7218 today (TTY: 1-800-529-3742)
Services and information
Benefits, Canada EI Commission, Wage Earners Protection Program, and economic regions.
Job opportunities, work permits, Social Insurance Number, criminal record checks and security clearances.
Retirement planning, public and registered pensions, RRSPs, RRIFs, retirement income calculator and more.
Pensions, child benefits, savings plans, education funding, and gas tax refund program.
Maternity and parental leave, Employment Insurance, Canada Child Benefit, and survivor's pension.
University, college, training, student loans and grants, scholarships, apprenticeship, and jobs.
Temporary foreign workers, employer compliance and ineligibility.
GST/HST housing rebate, buying a home, and financial assistance to fix your home.
Support and funding to help stakeholders with their own solutions to various challenges affecting vulnerable populations in Canada.
Payment dates for recurring Government of Canada benefit payments.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- List of acts
- List of regulations
- ESDC's top 10 most accessed regulations explained
- Forward Regulatory Plan: 2017-2019
- EI Monitoring and Assessment Report 2015-2016
- 2017-2018 Departmental plan
- Administration of the Access to Information Act 2015-2016
- Quarterly Financial Report: Third quarter
- Poverty reduction
- United Nations Convention on Rights for Persons with Disabilities
- Taking action against harassment and sexual violence in federal workplaces
- Planned accessibility legislation
- New Horizons for Seniors Program – Community-based projects
- Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program
- Apprenticeship Completion Grant
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
Apply online for your retirement pension
Applying for the Canada Pension Plan retirement pension online is easy, simple and secure.
Help reduce poverty in Canada!
Join the discussion forum, take a survey, or share your story about reducing poverty in Canada.
The Canadian Retirement Income Calculator can help you plan for your future
Use the Canadian Retirement Income Calculator to decide when to start your Canada Pension Plan, then apply online.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: