Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. We do this by promoting a labour force that is highly skilled. We also promote an efficient and inclusive labour market.
Wildfires in British Columbia: Important notice
Service Canada is providing those affected by the wildfires with access to government services, including Employment Insurance.
Consult the notice on Wildfires in British Columbia for more information.
Softwood lumber: Important notice
The Government of Canada is ready to support workers and their families who are affected by the April 24, 2017, U.S. decision to impose duties on Canadian softwood lumber products.
Consult our notice on Softwood lumber for more information.
Services and information
Benefits, Canada EI Commission, Wage Earners Protection Program, and economic regions.
Payment dates for recurring Government of Canada benefit payments.
Job opportunities, work permits, Social Insurance Number, criminal record checks and security clearances.
Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security pension and related benefits, the Canadian retirement income calculator and retirement planning.
Maternity and parental leave, Employment Insurance, Canada Child Benefit, and survivor's pension.
Pensions, child benefits, savings plans, education funding, and gas tax refund program.
University, college, training, student loans and grants, scholarships, apprenticeship, and jobs.
Temporary foreign workers, employer compliance and ineligibility.
GST/HST housing rebate, buying a home, and financial assistance to fix your home.
Labour laws, workplace standards, health and safety standards and labour relations.
Show more services and information
Our mandate, portfolio, partners, access to information and transparency.
Information about benefits and programs.
Support and funding to help stakeholders with their own solutions to various challenges affecting vulnerable populations in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- List of acts
- List of regulations
- ESDC's top 10 most accessed regulations explained
- Forward Regulatory Plan for 2017 to 2019
- Departmental Evaluation Plan for 2017 to 2022
- Info Source for 2017 to 2018
- EI Monitoring and Assessment Report for 2015 to 2016
- Departmental Plan for 2017 to 2018
- Share your ideas on how to prevent and reduce homelessness
- Poverty reduction
- Engaging Canadians on Indigenous early learning and child care
- United Nations Convention on Rights for Persons with Disabilities
- Union Training and Innovation Program: Investments in Training Equipment Stream
- Union Training and Innovation Program Innovation in Apprenticeship
- Enabling Accessitibity Fund
- Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program
Campaigns and initiatives
- Global skills strategy
- Helping Canada’s youth succeed
- Poverty reduction strategy
- National AccessAbility week
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: