Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. We do this by promoting a labour force that is highly skilled. We also promote an efficient and inclusive labour market.
Wildfires in western Canada and the territories: Important notice
Service Canada is providing those affected by the wildfires with access to government services, including Employment Insurance.
Consult the notice on Wildfires in western Canada and the territories for more information.
Softwood lumber: Important notice
The Government of Canada is ready to support workers and their families who are affected by the April 24, 2017, U.S. decision to impose duties on Canadian softwood lumber products.
Consult our notice on Softwood lumber for more information.
Services and information
Benefits, Canada EI Commission, Wage Earners Protection Program, and economic regions.
Payment dates for recurring Government of Canada benefit payments.
Job opportunities, work permits, Social Insurance Number, criminal record checks and security clearances.
Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security pension and related benefits, the Canadian retirement income calculator and retirement planning.
Maternity and parental leave, Employment Insurance, Canada Child Benefit, and survivor's pension.
Pensions, child benefits, savings plans, education funding, and gas tax refund program.
University, college, training, student loans and grants, scholarships, apprenticeship, and jobs.
Temporary foreign workers, employer compliance and ineligibility.
GST/HST housing rebate, buying a home, and financial assistance to fix your home.
Labour laws, workplace standards, health and safety standards and labour relations.
Show more services and information
Our mandate, portfolio, partners, access to information and transparency.
Information about benefits and programs.
Support and funding to help stakeholders with their own solutions to various challenges affecting vulnerable populations in Canada.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- List of acts
- List of regulations
- ESDC's top 10 most accessed regulations explained
- Forward Regulatory Plan for 2017 to 2019
- Annual report on the administration of the Access to Information Act for 2016 to 2017
- Annual report on the administration of the Privacy Act for 2016 to 2017
- Quarterly financial report for the quarter ended June 30, 2017
- Departmental Evaluation Plan for 2017 to 2022
- Share your ideas on how to prevent and reduce homelessness
- Poverty reduction
- Engaging Canadians on Indigenous early learning and child care
- United Nations Convention on Rights for Persons with Disabilities
- Sectoral Initiative Program
- Compensation for Employers of Reservists Program
- Apprenticeship Completion Grant
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
Campaigns and initiatives
- Global skills strategy
- Helping Canada’s youth succeed
- Poverty reduction strategy
- Recruitment at ESDC and Service Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: