Employment and Social Development Canada
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) works to improve the standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians. We do this by promoting a labour force that is highly skilled. We also promote an efficient and inclusive labour market.
Service changes due to COVID-19
We urge you not to visit Service Canada Centres unless absolutely necessary.
Ask us to help you with the following programs by using eServiceCanada:
- Employment Insurance (EI)
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) benefits
- Social Insurance Numbers (SIN)
- immediate request for a Passport Service
- Veterans Affairs Canada Services
We will call you back within 2 business days.
Please read our latest notices:
- July 2021 – Hazardous weather: Important notice on flooding and wildfires
- May 2021 - Notice of opportunity: Accessibility Commissioner, Canadian Human Rights Commission
- May 2021 - Notice of opportunity: Chief Accessibility Officer, Office of the Chief Accessibility Officer
- November 2020 - Resumption of Monthly Statement of Accounts
- Spring 2020 – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- November 2019 – Data Breaches: How to protect your SIN
- Information for employees
Services and information
Benefits, Canada EI Commission, Wage Earners Protection Program, and economic regions.
Payment dates for recurring Government of Canada benefit payments.
Job opportunities, work permits, Social Insurance Number, criminal record checks and security clearances.
Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security pension and related benefits, the Canadian retirement income calculator and retirement planning.
Maternity and parental leave, Employment Insurance, Canada Child Benefit, and survivor's pension.
Pensions, child benefits, savings plans, education funding, and gas tax refund program.
Temporary foreign workers, employer compliance and ineligibility.
Explore careers by education program, apprenticeship, and training programs.
GST/HST housing rebate, buying a home, and financial assistance to fix your home.
Grants and contributions that support jobs, training, and social development.
Labour laws, workplace standards, health and safety standards and labour relations.
Student financial assistance for college and university; apprenticeship, continuing education, co-op, and internships.
Our mandate, portfolio, partners, access to information and transparency.
Benefits for Indigenous Peoples, active Forces members, veterans, people with a disability, retirees, and victims.
Evaluations, audits, annual reports, and other departmental and program reports.
Promotional campaigns and initiatives led by ESDC.
What we are doing
- Share your thoughts: Help us build a better EI program
- Providing menstrual products in federally regulated workplaces
- Engagement on the Disability Inclusion Action Plan
- Share your thoughts: Creating a federal policy definition of “senior abuse” (Closed)
Service Canada client experience surveys
Service Canada Labs
Give feedback to make new government services simple and easy to use.
The Government of Canada’s plan to finish the fight against COVID-19 and ensure a robust economic recovery that brings all Canadians along.
Find your Canada Summer Job today
Hiring for Canada Summer Jobs has begun! Employers are now accepting applications.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: