Age-friendly workplace - Charter
Printable version in PDF format (702 kB, 1 page).
We are an age-friendly workplace
- Age-friendly workplaces promote healthy aging and diversity.
- Hiring persons of all ages, including older workers, can contribute to our overall success.
- Older workers' experience is an asset to the organization.
- Workers of all ages are valuable to this age-friendly workplace.
- Changes to working conditions and environment can be made to accommodate all workers, including older workers.
- Champion age-friendly behaviours to promote a healthier workplace.
- Promote a respectful workplace where all employees of all ages are treated fairly and with dignity.
- Meet the needs of older workers through age-friendly policies and practices.
- Inform and train managers, supervisors and staff on how to build an age-friendly workplace.
This document has been jointly prepared by the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Ministers Responsible for Seniors Forum. The Forum is an intergovernmental body established to share information, discuss new and emerging issues related to seniors, and work collaboratively on key projects.
Quebec's participation in the development of this document was aimed at sharing expertise, information and best practices. However Québec does not subscribe to, or take part in, an integrated pan-Canadian approach in this field and intends to fully assume its responsibilities for seniors in Quebec.
- Date modified: