Infographic: Canada’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan
The infographic reads: Canada’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP)
Then, 5 images appear picturing persons with disabilities of different age groups performing various activities within learning and workplace settings.
The body of the infographic reads:
- improve the social and economic inclusion of persons with disabilities
- reduce poverty among persons with disabilities
- achieve the Accessible Canada Act goal of a barrier-free Canada by 2040
- develop a consistent approach to disability inclusion across the Government of Canada and make it easier for persons with disabilities to access federal programs and services
- foster a culture of disability inclusion
The next section describes the 4 pillars of the DIAP. Each pillar is illustrated by an icon.
Pillar 1: Financial security
- Improve the immediate and long-term financial security of persons with disabilities
- Address longstanding financial exclusion and systemic inequities
Pillar 2: Employment
- Support more persons with disabilities to find and keep good quality jobs, advance their careers, or become entrepreneurs
- Help employers make workplaces more inclusive and accessible
- Increase the capacity of individuals and organizations that work to support disability inclusion and accessibility
Pillar 3: Accessible and inclusive communities
- Address physical, communication, and attitudinal barriers that prevent persons with disabilities from fully participating in our communities and the economy
Pillar 4: Modern approach to disability
- Address the challenges that persons with disabilities face in accessing federal programs and benefits
- Ensure that the needs and perspectives of persons with disabilities are reflected in the Government’s policies and programs
Then, at the bottom, lower right corner of the page, text reads: Grounded in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Then, it ends with the Canada Wordmark and the publication identification numbers.
Infographic: Canada’s Disability Inclusion Action Plan [PDF - 673 KB]
Large print, braille, MP3 (audio), e-text and DAISY formats are available on demand by ordering online or calling 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232). If you use a teletypewriter (TTY), call 1-800-926-9105.
- Date modified: