Share your thoughts: Help us build a better EI program
Current status: Open
Opened on August 6, 2021 and will close on October 8, 2021.
We are planning to modernize the Employment Insurance (EI) program. We are doing this because work for Canadians has changed. Gaps in the program were highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic. EI needs to catch up.
Take a few minutes to complete the EI survey and make your voice heard.
Join in: How to participate
Share your ideas online
Send us an email
Who is the focus of this consultation
We invite all Canadians to participate.
Key questions for discussion
As we move towards improving the EI program, we want all interested Canadians to contribute their ideas and opinions. For example:
- how should we help the increasing number of gig and self-employed workers who are currently not covered by EI
- how can we improve support for Canadians during 'life events', for example:
- birth of a child, or
- how can we make EI more reliable for workers in seasonal industries
We are also seeking opinions on:
- how best to improve access to EI, and
- how best to simplify the rules for workers and employers
Along with individual Canadians, we will also be asking worker and employer groups, and other EI experts, for their advice and opinions. We will use the information we gather to build a more modern EI program to better serve all Canadian workers and employers.
Employment Insurance Policy
Employment and Social Development Canada
140 Promenade du Portage, Phase IV
Gatineau QC K1A 0J9
Privacy notice statement
Please read our privacy notice statement for consultation and engagement activities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: