Digest of Benefit Entitlement Principles Chapter 7 A.4
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
A.4 Information sought from claimant
The officer will ask the claimant for information, namely:
- whether or not the claimant corroborates the reasons given by the employer for the termination of employment;
- what the claimant has to say about the actions or omissions attributed to him or her and that are given as the reason for the dismissal;
- whether or not the claimant was aware of the employer's rules, policies, expectations or requirements in this respect;
- under what circumstances the actions or omissions attributed to the claimant occurred;
- whether there were any witnesses or persons who could testify with regard to the events.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: