The Office of Literacy and Essential Skills
Literacy and essential skills:
- are needed for work, learning and life;
- are the foundation for learning all other skills; and
- help people evolve with their jobs and adapt to workplace change.
Through extensive research, the Government of Canada, along with other national and international agencies, has identified and validated key literacy and essential skills. These skills are used in nearly every job and throughout daily life in different ways and at varying levels of complexity.
- Understanding essential skills
- Essential skills profiles
- Tools and resources
- Videos and webinars
- Funding for organizations
- Success stories
- Contact us
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: