Agreement No.4 to Amend Annex 6 of the Canada– New Brunswick Labour Market Development Agreement
Information for reference
This text copy of the bilateral transfer agreement between the Government of Canada and New Brunswick is provided for reference and research purposes only. The final signed version of the agreement is the official version between the parties.
List of acronyms and abbreviations
- The Government of Canada
- Labour Market Development Agreement
- North American Industry Code
- New Brunswick:
- The Government of New Brunswick
- National Occupation Classification
BetweenThe Government of Canada (hereinafter referred to as "Canada") as represented by the Minister of Employment and Social Development styled as the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and the Canada Employment Insurance Commission
The Government of New Brunswick, hereinafter referred to as “New Brunswick”, represented by the Minister of Post-Secondary Education
Hereinafter referred to as “the parties”.
Whereas, the parties entered into the Canada-New Brunswick Labour Market Development Agreement (the Agreement) on December 13, 1996, in which they agreed to exchange information in accordance with the arrangements provided for in section 9.0 of the Agreement and detailed in Annex 6 to the Agreement entitled "Canada-New Brunswick Exchange of Information and Data Sharing Arrangements";
Whereas the parties have amended Annex 6 to the Agreement in May 2003, August 31, 2005, February 21, 2017 and March 31, 2018;
Whereas the parties wish to further amend Annex 6 to the Agreement to allow for the exchange of information in specific targeted measure situations; and,
Whereas in accordance with section 24.2 of the Agreement, an amendment to any Annex to the Agreement may be made by the written agreement of the Designated Officials of the parties;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to amend the Agreement as follows:
Annex 6 entitled “Canada-New Brunswick Exchange of Information and Data Sharing Arrangements” is amended by adding the following section after section 3.10:
3.11 Canada will provide to New Brunswick, when requested by New Brunswick and based on a specific targeted measure, on a per individual basis, any or all of the following personal information under Canada’s control from an individual’s file for the purpose of assisting New Brunswick in contacting EI applicants and EI clients who may be interested in receiving assistance under New Brunswick programs funded under this LMDA, in order to facilitate a return to work:
- social insurance number
- postal code
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- education by level
- official language of service (written)
- official language of service (spoken)
- federal office code associated with the postal code
- provincial office/catchment code associated with the postal code
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for the most recent job
- North American Industry Code (NAIC) for the most recent job
- benefit period commencement
- number of entitlement weeks
- last week processed
- The amendment to the Agreement herein shall be binding on the parties effective as of the date of signing of this amending Agreement.
- The Agreement in all other respects shall remain the same.
- This Amending Agreement shall be read together with the Agreement and shall take effect as if its provisions were contained in the Agreement.
Signed on behalf of Canada this 12 day of April, 2018.
Senior Assistant Deputy Minister
Skills and Employment Branch
Signed on behalf of New Brunswick this 17 day of April, 2018.
Adult Learning and Employment Division
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: