Engagement on Supporting Youth with Disabilities through the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy: Closed consultation
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from September 22, 2022 to December 13, 2022.
See the "What We Heard" Report for summaries of the discussions that took place.
The Government of Canada engaged with stakeholders to examine how the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) could better support youth with disabilities.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada engaged with:
- Youth with disabilities
- Employers that work with youth with disabilities
- Disability service providers (for example, employment agencies, national disability organizations)
Key themes for discussion
Ideas and input were sought around three themes related to supporting youth with disabilities in the employment and training sector. They include:
- Barriers faced by youth with disabilities to full participation in the labour market
- Gaps in existing supports
- How the government can improve supports to youth with disabilities
The input gathered through this process will be used to better support Canadians with disabilities through the YESS — a commitment in the mandate letter for the Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Youth.
What we heard
Youth Employment and Skills Strategy
Employment and Social Development Canada
140 Promenade du Portage, Phase IV
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0J9
- Date modified: