Science and Technology Internship Program - Green Jobs – Natural Resources Canada
Description of the program
This program helps you provide green jobs to youth in science, tech, engineering or math (STEM) fields in the natural resources sector.
Natural resource jobs include those in:
- Energy (including clean energy);
- Earth Sciences; and
- Clean Technology.
Jobs last from 6 to 12 months.
- Designing and implementing new wind energy systems;
- Monitoring soil and vegetation during a mining land reclamation process;
- Conducting Energy audits on residential homes or commercial buildings;
- Improving the understanding of potential impacts of oil, gas and forestry development on wildlife, such as caribou and grizzly bears;
- Coordinating climate change adaptations projects; and
- Conducting geoscience research.
Who can apply
You may be eligible for funding if you are a/an:
- For-profit organization (e.g. small or medium sized enterprise (SME), corporation etc.);
- Not-for-profit organization;
- Post-secondary educational institution;
- Indigenous organization or group; or
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal government agency or department, where applicable.
As a potential employer, you must provide:
- Supervision and mentoring; and
- At least half of the total wage for each job.
2019-21 Funding will be delivered through third-party organization(s). Please visit in April 2019 to submit an application.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: