Notice #878 – Updated Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) transfer form
On this page
Date: September 1, 2020
Subject: Updated Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) transfer form
To provide promoters with the updated RESP transfer form and an overview of the changes.
Amendments were required to the RESP transfer form following:
- the changes to proportional partial transfers in the Amendments
- the announcement of the British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG) Transfer Policy
- the Updated Pre-Transfer Repayment Policy
- All 4 parts of the form have a new version date (2020-07) for quality control purposes
- A new ‘optional’ heading now appears to the left of all optional sections instead of the previous grey shading
- Part A of the form has a new field to indicate the amount of BCTESG to be transferred
- Part A has updated Pre-Transfer Repayment Policy and Partial Transfer information
- Part C now provides promoters with another method for exchanging the required information for pending grants
Mandatory use date
The updated form (dated 2020–07) is mandatory for external transfers as of March 1, 2021. We encourage promoters to check version dates to ensure that they are using the correct version of the transfer form.
Accessing the form
You can access the transfer form on the forms tab of the Canada.ca/RESPresources webpage.
Should you have any questions, please contact us:
- by phone at 1-888-276-3624
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our business hours are from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Time.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: