Transboundary notification: East Windsor Cogeneration Limited Partnership
(1) Name and address of proponent:
East Windsor Cogeneration Limited Partnership, 1450, 645-7th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 4G8
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
42o 19' 89" N, 83o 00' 41" W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
The proposed EWCC is a natural gas fired, cogeneration facility capable of producing up to 84 MW (nominal) of electrical power using General Electric (GE) LM6000 gas turbine technology and approximately 242,000 lbs/hr of steam to Ford using heat recovery steam generators. It also has the capability of providing steam to Ford via auxiliary boilers when the gas turbines are not in operation. The proposed EWCC will be located on existing industrial lands owned by Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited (Ford) in Windsor, Ontario. The plant will be a high efficiency, modern cogeneration facility using established and proven technology, and is equipped with state-of-the art emission controls, meeting all provincial and federal emission standards. The EWCC will be air cooled, thus mitigating the need for additional cooling water sources. Natural gas will be supplied to the facility by Union Gas via a dedicated gas pipeline.
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: 1.00 x 107 MMBtu/year Fuel Type: natural gas Fuel Grade: Western Canada Pipeline
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Phone Number: (403) 444-5538
Fax Number: (403) 444-6784
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 11.2 PM : 35.8 NOx : 385 VOC : 83 CO : 228
Note: These are maximum annual rates, assuming 24 hr/day, 365 day/yr operation at 100% load for the worst-case operating scenario of the facility. The annual VOCs provided above, conservatively represent the total Unburned Hydrocarbons (UHC-total).
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
Formaldehyde 2.3 tonnes/year Ethane 1.5 tonnes/year Pentane 1.2 tonnes/year Note: These are maximum annual rates.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: