Transboundary notification: Milton Clean Energy Centre
(1) Name and address of proponent:
Milton Clean Energy Centre, 645-7th Avenue SW, Suite 1450, Encor Place, Calgary, AB, T2P 4G8
(2) Latitude and longitude of proposed facility:
43o 32' 53" N, 79o 50' 56" W
(3) Distance to the Canada/U.S. border:
(4) Brief description of the proposed project (major products, process, capacity, etc):
The Milton Clean Energy Centre (MCEC) is a limited partnership between Fort Chicago Energy Partners L.P. and Pristine Power Inc. The partnership was formed to plan, develop and operate the proposed MCEC in the City of Milton on the former Taylor Nursery/Lawton Landscaping Ltd. located the southeast intersection of Main Street and 5th Line (7429 5th Line), Milton, Ontario. The proposed MCEC facility will be a natural gas fired combined cycle power plant designed as a peaking or base loaded facility. The power plant is anticipated to be running between 50 to 100% of the time. The facility will be capable of generating up to 680 MW of electricity. The plant will be constructed as two identical gas turbines with 180 MW capacity each and heat recovery steam generator train (operating in combined cycle). There will also be one 320 MW steam turbine generator. Both trains will be monitored and controlled from a central control room, and will be designed to meet all applicable municipal, provincial, national and other applicable industry based codes and standards. The proposed turbines will be using state of the art dry low NOx (DLN) and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technologies, which are reliable, well developed and proven resulting in very low NOx emission rates.
(5) For combustion processes, list capacity (tonnes/year), fuel type and grade:
Capacity: Total 914,000 tonnes yr-1 (43,033,150 MMBtu yr -1, 1,218,700,000 m3 yr-1) Fuel Type: Natural gas Fuel Grade: Western Canada pipeline
(6) Contact for technical and design information:
Julia Ciccaglione, Vice President,
Phone Number: (403) 444-5538
Fax Number: (403) 999-8090
(7) Estimated annual quantities of the following pollutants released to the atmosphere (tonnes per year):
SO2 : 13 PM : 116 NOx : 171 VOC : 20 CO : 731
Note: These are maximum annual rates.
(8) List hazardous air pollutants with emissions estimates (tonnes/year) for any hazardous pollutants with expected annual emission rates of greater than 1 tonne per year:
Formaldehyde 13.9 tonnes yr-1 Toluene 2.5 tonnes yr-1 Xylene 1.2 tonnes yr-1 Note: These are maximum annual rates.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: