Consultation document on proposed risk management for products containing PBDEs: chapter 6
To assist with the development of the proposed risk instrument, Environment Canada is soliciting information from stakeholders. Below are the questions being posed and areas of interest for which input is being sought. Submissions should be prepared in accordance with the instructions contained in Section 7.
- How are DecaBDEs used in products by your organization (e.g., computer housings, appliances, automotive parts and communication equipment, etc.)?
- What are the trends for PBDEs use in products, i.e., has consumption increased, decreased or remained the same?
- Are there PBDE substitutes available for your products?
- Are you manufacturing products containing PBDEs specifically to be sold in Canada?
- What is the percentage of products containing PBDEs manufactured in Canada in order to be exported?
- Do the identified substitutes have an impact on the efficacy of the products? If so, what are the impacts?
- If available, what is the DecaBDE concentration in your product?
- If available, please provide the material safety data sheet (MSDS) for your product containing PBDEs.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: