Consultation document on risk management options for lead wheel weights: chapter 8
8. Information Gaps and Uncertainties
To assist with the development of the proposed risk instrument, Environment Canada is soliciting information from stakeholders. Below are the questions being posed and areas of interest for which input is being sought.
- What is the life span of lead wheel weights?
- How long would it take to phase out the stock of lead wheel weights?
- What are the technical/economic barriers to switching to lead alternatives, and how could they be overcome?
- What are the existing best practices/procedures for handling and recycling lead wheel weights?
- How could the introduction of alternatives (i.e., zinc and steel) affect your facility operations (e.g., reduce recycling activities, increase time for tire change, improve corporate image and public perception, increase/decrease sales)?
- How would the proposed options affect your company (increase cost, loss of market, etc.)?
- What would be your preferred option between an EPA and a regulation, and why?
- If the preferred option is an EPA, will your company abide by such an agreement? Why?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: