Facts on climate change
For more information please see the Canadian Centre for Climate Services Climate information basics page.
Infographic depicting some of the impacts of climate change and Environment and Climate Change Canada’s climate science.
The infographic title is Climate Science is Making an Impact. The subtitle is Climate Change is Affecting Canada and the World.
Part 1 of the infographic shows some of the impacts of climate change.
- Image depicting a thermometer overlaid over a map for the world. Associated text: Rising global temperature. Canada’s temperature is rising more quickly than the global average.
- Image depicting a polar bear on an ice floe. Associated text: Widespread melting of Arctic sea ice
- Image depicting raindrops. Associated text: Changing precipitation patterns
- Image depicting the moon and stars. Associated text: Changes in frequency and intensity of extreme events. Hotter summer nights.
Part 2 of the infographic highlights Environment and Climate Change Canada’s climate science.
Section subtitle is What are we doing? Government of Canada’s World-Class Science. This section includes one large image of the globe. On the surface of the globe, there are images depicting a number of scientific activities.
- Image of a city including cars, a building and trees. Associated text: Canada’s climate modelling increases global understanding of the climate and helps to predicts future climate change.
- Image of a scientific building with a wind-measurement tool on the roof. Associated text: Environment and Climate Change Canada’s world-class climate science contributes to global efforts: Scientists are conducting cutting-edge research in climate monitoring, analysis and modelling.
- Image of a greenhouse gas monitoring station. Associated text: 15 stations across Canada monitor greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere.
- Image of a ruler in the snow. Associated text: Extensive ongoing measurements of snow cover, sea-ice extent, water levels, and other important climate variables.
The infographic concludes with the following text: Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time, and Canada’s climate science is making a difference. It allows us to better understand the impacts of climate change on Canada’s ecosystems, communities and economy.
Visit Canada’s action on climate change for more information on climate change and Canada’s way forward in addressing it.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: