Environment and Climate Change Canada
ECCC informs Canadians about protecting and conserving our natural heritage, and ensuring a clean, safe and sustainable environment for present and future generations.
Services and information
The science of climate change. How Canada is taking action.
Current conditions, forecasts, alerts, Air Quality Health Index.
Climate extremes and norms, radar images and almanac data.
Dates and limits for hunting migratory birds by province/territory.
What you need to know about wildlife at risk in Canada.
Droughts, floods, water levels for the Great Lakes, water availability throughout Canada.
Publicly-accessible inventory of pollutant releases, disposals and transfers for recycling.
Manage chemicals at home and in the workplace to reduce environmental and health risks.
Manage and reduce all kinds of waste, from hazardous material to household garbage.
The only environment museum in North America.
Show more services and information
Habitat conservation in Canada, wetlands of Ontario, birds in Nunavut, habitat joint ventures.
The health of Canada’s wildlife and the effect of toxic substances on their populations.
Applying environmental and wildlife protection laws for cleaner and healthier communities.
Protecting Canadians from pollution emergencies related to hazardous substances.
June 5, 2017, take action to conserve and protect our natural environment, “Connecting People to Nature.”
Celebrate environmental accomplishments and contribute to preserving and protecting the environment.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Department of the Environment Act
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 (CEPA 1999)
- Federal Sustainable Development Act
- Departmental Performance Report 2015–2016
- Departmental Plan 2017-2018
- Quarterly Financial Report for the quarter ended June 30, 2017
- Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
- Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2016
- Response Statement - Caribou, Newfoundland population
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: