New substances: multistakeholder consultations
Review of the New Substances Notification Regulations (Organisms)
We would like to thank everyone who participated in and provided feedback during the June 2016 Stakeholder Consultations regarding the proposed amendments to the provisions dealing with higher organisms, under the New Substances Notification Regulations (Organisms). The deadline to receive feedback ended Thursday, June 23rd 2016. All comments will be considered as we proceed with regulatory amendments, which will be published in Canada Gazette, Part I for a formal comment period.
If you would like additional information on our consultations please contact the Substances Management Information Line at email@example.com or call toll free within Canada 1-800-567-1999 or 1-819-938-3232 outside Canada.
Consultations on a research strategy for microorganisms
To better define a research strategy to suppor the risk assessment and risk management of micro-organisms under the New Substances Notification Regulations, a 2-day workshop was held on May 18-19, 2004 in Toronto.
Consultations on Food & Drug Act
Environment Canada is providing support to Health Canada's inititative to develop new Environmental Assessment Regulations for new substances contained in products regulated under the Food & Drugs Act. For more info visit: Health Canada’s Environmental Impact Initiative
Consultations on NSNR (Chemicals and Polymers) and the New Substances Program
When the New Substances Notification Regulations (NSNR) relating to Chemicals and Polymers were promulgated in 1994, a commitment was made by Environment Canada and Health Canada to review them after the first three years of implementation.
To help fulfill this commitment, a multistakeholder consultative process was established in 1999. This page includes public consultations documents that describe the process and outcomes of these consultation:
- Final Report on Progress: Implementing the Consultation Recommendations For Period Ending June 2005
- Report on Progress: Implementing the Consultation Recommendations For Period Ending October 2003
- Consultations on the CEPA New Substances Notification Regulations and New Substances Program Environment Canada/Health Canada Response to the Consultation Recommendations
- Consultations on the CEPA New Substances Notification Regulations and New Substances Program Final Report of the Multistakeholder Consultations
- Multistakeholder Consultations on Amending the New Substances Notification Regulations (NSNR) and New Substances Program for Chemicals and Polymers
- Discussion Paper - Cost Recovery for the CEPA New Substances Notification Program Chemicals and Polymers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: