COVID-19: FedNor launches Regional Relief and Recovery Fund to support local economies
"No matter how wide we extend the safety net, businesses across Canada continue to slip through the cracks. Many entrepreneurs are still anxious about whether they will get the help they need. With nearly a billion dollars in support across the country, the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund will fill in some of the gaps. Our message to Canadians is clear: we are here for you now; we will be here for you in the weeks and months to come; and we will get through this together. We’ve got your back."
- The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for FedNor
“Northern Ontario communities and businesses continue to demonstrate their courage and resilience during these difficult times. The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund will enable FedNor and its partner Community Futures Development Corporations to support a broad range of projects that will help us overcome the significant hardship brought on by COVID-19 and rebuild our economy for the long-term.”
- Terry Sheehan, Member of Parliament for Sault Ste. Marie and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages, the Honourable Mélanie Joly
“Small and medium-sized businesses have been particularly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This investment in the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) will capitalize on Community Futures Development Corporations’ unique position and expertise to help support rural businesses and entrepreneurs during these challenging times.”
- Shawn Heard, President of CF Ontario and General Manager, East Algoma Community Futures Development Corporation
The six regional development agencies (RDAs) ensure that Canada’s regions are heard in Ottawa, and that local economies and businesses get the support they need to grow and prosper.
Canada’s RDAs focus on developing and diversifying regional economies to help communities thrive. Already a major presence in communities, they know where additional support is needed most.
Northern Ontario businesses and organizations that have applied for but were unable to access existing federal COVID-19 relief programs are encouraged to review the RRRF eligibility requirements or to contact FedNor for more information.
The funding announced today is provided through FedNor’s programs, which supports projects that promote sustainable community economic development, enhance business development and growth, and facilitate innovation.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces additional support for small businesses
- Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID-19
- Prime Minister announces more support for workers and businesses through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Prime Minister announces health and social support for northern communities
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- To find out more about our programs and services, please visit: fednor.gc.ca.
- Follow us on Twitter @FedNor
- Follow Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada on Twitter: @ISED_CA
Office of the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: