Money Break features Canadians who talk about their relationship with money and their vision of financial wellness. Their stories touch on their challenges, successes and aspirations for the future.
The first Money Break edition invites you to take a break (and have a coffee!) and listen to coffee experts share their own stories about money and financial well-being.
See how these coffee roasters and baristas give bean counting a whole new meaning!
This First Nations entrepreneur has made it his mission to give back to his community, one coffee bag at a time. Through the sales of coffee, his social enterprise brings fresh drinking water to Indigenous families across Canada.
Paul began pursuing his dream of becoming a coffee roaster by sourcing green coffee beans from around the world and roasting them in a hot air popcorn popper.
These brothers are the perfect blend of coffee expertise and business savvy and operate out of a big blue barn.
Barista, graphic artist, student, world traveller. Find out how Esther makes her busy lifestyle work.
Julia loves how the simple act of serving coffee brings joy and a sense of community. This is what feeds her dream of opening her own café one day.
This young go-getter is not only a barista. He has a side hustle building gorgeous wood furniture pieces.
Text version: Coffee Break by the numbers infographic
Infographic illustrating various coffee related facts:
- 72% of Canadians drank coffee yesterdayFootnote 1
- $6.2 billion dollar industryFootnote 1
- $1.4 billion in grocery/retailFootnote 1
- $4.8 billion in café’s/restaurantsFootnote 1
- Canadians consume 2.3 cups of coffee per dayFootnote 1
- The coffee industry employs more than 160,000 of Canadians in cafes and coffee shops.Footnote 1
- 5,000 jobs are in roastingFootnote 1
- $5.19 is the average price of a 300g bag of coffee in CanadaFootnote 2
- Canada imported more than 260,000 metric tonnes of coffee in 2017Footnote 3
Helpful tools for your financial well-being
Because they are at different life stages, our coffee pros have different financial challenges and goals. No matter at what life stage you are, our resources can help:
- Date modified: