Financial Basics — A Financial Literacy Workshop
Financial Basics is an engaging hands-on workshop to help participants learn how to make a budget, manage expenses, understand credit and debt management, protect themselves from fraud and save for their future.
Developed by industry experts, Financial Basics can be used by post-secondary educational institutions, by community organizations and in the workplace to increase participants’ financial knowledge and encourage sound money management practices.
Financial Basics workshop materials are easy to use, will help facilitate the teaching of basic financial concepts and will engage all learners. These materials are available at no cost.
The workshop materials are available in both English and French and include the following resources:
- Presenter’s Manual
- Participants’ Handbooks
- Presentation slides
- Participant evaluation forms
- E-Learning videos
- Promotional artwork
- Financial education curriculum in plain language that is easy to grasp and deliver.
- Content includes budgeting, managing your expenses, credit and debt management, saving and investing, and protecting yourself against scams and fraud.
- Unbiased financial information and links to additional resources.
- Customizable workshop materials that allow you to tailor the workshop to your needs and the needs of your participants.
- e-Learning videos
- Presenter’s Manual with tips and speaking points.
- Participants’ Handbooks with practical take aways that can be implemented right away or referenced in the future.
- Easy-to-use materials help introduce and explain basic financial concepts and develop money management skills.
- Engaging and proven tools, resources, tips, guidelines, quizzes and interactive activities facilitate delivery of the content.
- With a comprehensive and complete set of materials, there is no need to develop the content—just deliver it!
- Workshop-ready materials are FREE OF CHARGE across Canada.
I made the decision to take the Financial Basics workshop because I was really scared about what my finances were looking like. The course was excellent, because it extended over things such as consumerism, investments, debt, all sorts of things. Financial tools that are accessible for everyone are so important, because there is such a wide range of issues that people can run into.
Financial Basics participant
Order your workshop materials today!
Financial Basics was developed by the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada and the Ontario Securities Commission, in collaboration with author and journalist Ellen Roseman.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: