Ottawa Declaration for Venezuela
In response to the on-going humanitarian, economic and political crisis in Venezuela, we reaffirm Venezuela’s right to peace, democracy and humanitarian assistance and express the following:
- We re-iterate our support for the National Assembly and Interim President Juan Guaidó in their efforts towards a Constitutional and peaceful resolution of the current crisis through the holding of free and fair elections.
- We call for the immediate delivery of humanitarian assistance to those Venezuelans in need, both inside and outside the country.
- We call for the respect of the human rights and civil liberties of all Venezuelans.
- We stand ready to assist Venezuela in its economic recovery under a new democratically-elected government.
- We call upon all members of the international community to support the Venezuelan people in their peaceful struggle to restore democracy.
The Ottawa Declaration for Venezuela remains open to endorsement. To date, this Declaration has been endorsed by the following States:
Albania, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Georgia, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Kosovo, Marshall Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: