Effective immediately, Canada is imposing sanctions against Nicaraguan officials.
The Special Economic Measures (Nicaragua) Regulations impose asset freezes and dealings prohibitions on listed persons by prohibiting persons in Canada and Canadians outside of Canada from dealing in any property of these individuals or providing financial or related services to them. The individuals listed in the Schedule to the Regulations are also inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
The specific prohibitions are set out in the Regulations.
The names of the individuals targeted by these Regulations are:
- Gustavo Eduardo PORRAS Cortes
- Sonia CASTRO Gonzalez
- Orlando Jose CASTILLO Castillo
- Oscar Salvador MOJICA Obregon
- Rosario María MURILLO Zambrana
- Fidel Antonio MORENO Briones
- Francisco Javier DIAZ Madriz
- Nestor MONCADA Lau
- Laureano Facundo ORTEGA Murillo
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: