Values and ethics of the public service
Read about diversity and employment equity, official languages, and other values of the public service.
- Duty to Accommodate: A General Process for Managers
- The Fundamentals: Return-to-Work Plan
- Managing for Wellness: Disability Management Handbook for Managers in the Federal Public Service
- The Fundamentals of Disability Management
- Functional Abilities Form
Services and information
Tools and resources to promote diversity and employment equity in the public service, and to eliminate discriminatory barriers to employment in the Government of Canada.
Policies and resources on the Official Languages Act that foster the use of English and French in the public service and in Canada.
The values and behaviours that are expected of public service employees in all activities related to their professional duties.
Find guidance on the participation of public service employees in political activities.
How to report wrongdoing in the public sector, and information on the Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act and the disclosure process.
The different types of conflict of interest and how public service employees can prevent, manage and resolve conflicts of interest.
The duty of loyalty in the public sector and what is involved when public service employees comment publicly on the Government of Canada.
Answers to common questions about the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
Explore the principles and behaviours related to values and ethics in the public sector.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Employment Equity in the Public Service of Canada – Annual Report
- Official Languages – Annual Report
- Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act - Annual Report
Policies and guidance
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: